“Apitherapy is the Art and Science of treatment and holistic healing through the honeybee and her products for the benefit of mankind and all the animal kingdom.”
To recover; bring back to a normal health state the body, mind and spirit.
To prevent; destroy the potential “enemies” before they enter our body.
To heal; to eliminate completely the disease including signs and symptoms.
Apitherapy is not just a simple, therapeutically method; it is already a different type of medicine. We can even call it “APIMEDICINE“. Because:
- Apitherapy is already a SCIENCE; it has a strong scientific base, even if there are still a lot of “mysteries” out there…
- it is a Science also because you need to know exactly what you are doing when you treat a patient; you need a perfect “diagnostic”, you need to know exactly what are the best methods to administer the “drugs”, and you need also to know very well the DOSAGE.
- It is a science because Apitherapy offers in extremely numerous cases, REPRODUCIBLE results; in other words, for example, propolis will always destroy Helicobacter pylori if given in the right amount, and bee venom will increase the cortisol secretion after a bee sting.
- Apitherapy is an ART, because it has to do with everything our Mother Nature’s Spirit gave us: love, friendship, hope, understanding, but also despair, hate, vanity and so on…
- it is an ART, because in order to apply it properly, you need to be a real “artist”; you need to have always in your soul the Nature’s beauties and to share with your “brothers and sisters” this real treasure
- it is also an ART because healing somebody is the MOST BEAUTIFUL thing which can happen in someone’s life…
Apitherapy is also a holistic medicine. “Holistic” means to use the “whole” or to treat the “whole”.
Apitherapy is holistic because:
- it is strongly related, in a harmonious way, with so many natural processes
- it uses knowledge from other holistic natural therapies like Phytotherapy (use of herbs), aromatherapy (use of essential oils), diet therapy (use of nutrients), acupuncture, acupressure, Ayurveda
- it affects deeply the human’s and animals nervous system and blood flow, so, only through these two systems, it affects the WHOLE body
- it affects our emotional life
- it affects our spiritual life; to heal somebody, not only with a jar of honey, but also through real love, friendship and understanding is already a “spiritual” thing…